Dog Grooming Shears
Dog groomers have specialized needs when it comes to shears. To do this job, you need many different, specialized, high quality tools, that also need to remain affordable for two reasons:
- Groomers need many different tools.
- Dogs have a lot more hair than people, and so a groomer’s tools see more use, and wear out quicker. The hair is also quite different.
We meet that need by selling top notch grooming shears at unbeatable prices. Want to know how we do it?
Special Price $69.99
P08-10 (STR or CRV)
Special Price $59.99
CR51-75 (7.5" Straight or Curved, or 2 Pcs Set)
Special Price $49.99
Special Price $59.00
6801-27DT (5.5" 27 DOUBLE TOOTH)
Special Price $26.99
6802-32T (6.0" 32 tooth)
Special Price $24.99
Special Price $69.99
PK10-70 (7" High Quality w/large finger Hole)
Special Price $79.99
The Industry Secret
We all buy our shears from the same few factories in Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Germany, Spain, and China. Shears Direct shears are the same shears you buy for $300-$2500 from high end shears retailers who have hugely marketed branding and ad recognition. They’re from the same factory, the same assembly, the same worker, and sold from the factory for the same price.
When you buy an ultra expensive shear from these retailers, you are paying for many marketing teams all over the world, for ad space, both digital and traditional, and for traveling trade show sales people to buy expensive booth space, hotels, flights, and of course their salaries. We have none of those things, and pass all the savings onto you.
Beautiful packaging, logos, and ads cost a lot of money. Seriously consider whether you really care about buying that part before you spend your money.
With us, you can pay a quarter of the cost here on our website, to get the same high quality shears that you normally buy from the premium brands of the industry.
What you Need to Look For
Grooming shears are different from regular hair cutting shears. The extremely fine hair, the lack of cooperation from the fluffy clients, the angles, and the significantly higher volume of hair means that certain important quality requirements need to be met, and ergonomic features need to be included in order to make a shear useful for dog groomers.
A grooming shear needs to have certain features in order to be effective.
- 440C Steel: A grooming shear needs to be either 440C steel in order to be hard enough to hold a good edge for an acceptable amount of time. Even better options are proprietary Japanese steels, like the Hitachi steels.
- Beveled Edge: The best grooming shears have a beveled edge. Good shears are normally sharpened with either a bevelled edge, or a convex edge. The convex edge makes a gentle curve from the spine of the blade down to a razor sharp edge. The bevelled edge is honed into the blade in a straight line, making a clear delineation between the blade and the edge. While the more expensive convex edge is often preferred by stylists because it has a smoother cut, the bevelled edge holds up longer to the high volume of coarse dog hair that groomers have to deal with.
- Adjustable Screw: A good grooming shear will have a screw that you can adjust by hand or with a tool in order to change the tension on your scissors. Be careful with this, as over tightening your scissor can create unnecessary wear on your scissor blades and affect the life of the tool.
- Weight: Even a small difference in weight can make a big difference when you’re holding a tool at strange angles for eight or more hours a day.
You might see some of these features in a hair salon shear, but they are much more important for grooming pets. Groomers are at great risk of inflammation, seized muscles, and carpal tunnel, so it is very important to minimize stresses on your body and posture in this line of work.
Here at Shears Direct, we have everything you need. Hundreds of different kinds of shears, of different lengths, different handle and thumb options, and even a great selection of left-handed options, so that everyone can get the quality they need at a price that they can afford.